Friday, March 16, 2012

Currently....LATE! Awards and a Word Work Freebie

OK, so I promised a post with all things I had slacked on and I am going to try my best to make up for lost time on this one so get a drink, maybe a snack, settle in and get comfy.

First of all, I have been SUPER UPER DUPER....x25

...capital B...

BUSY!

I know we all are, but I have really struggled with finding the right mix of wife, housewife (aka, cleaning, fixing up new house, etc...), blogger (trying to keep up with YOU fabulous bloggers), teacher, friend, daughter...and it just doesn't all mesh so well sometimes.

So, the last few weeks I picked being a wife, daughter, teacher, housewife.

So as promised here is my March Currently from the fabulose-O Farley over at:




Next, Awards!

I almost cried reading over my comments from all of you amazing people who choose to read my little blog.

Mainly, I felt SAD because I felt so guilty that I hadn't been able to visit each new blog that left a comment, or reply to all of my friends that have sent me words of encouragement...especially my good friend Heather.

:( I am SO SORRY you sent me all those sweet comments and I didn't respond to each one. You are the greatest. seriously.

So...while I was MIA ...I got the Top 10 Blogger Award several times and The One Lovely Blog Award. Is it just me or do Awards make you feel honored yet stressed?????

PLEASE do not misunderstand me...I LOVE LOVE LOVE them but I get stressed because I am a rule follower and honestly, I have been dreading this post because of the awards part. I don't know who to give these awards to that doesn't already have them...but I am going to try my best.

I am totally NOT deserving of these awards guys but a HUGE thank you for an awesome award:

Top 10 TBA


A special thank you to Heather from Beg, Borrow, and Teachhttp, Erika from The Honey Bunch, Mrs. Au from 2nd Grade Rocks, and Cynthia from 2nd Grade Pad for this award.

I am sharing this special Top 10 Blog award with some awesome bloggers:

hope at Shenanigans in Second
brittany at Little Miss Teacher
Laura at Mrs. Castro's Class
Ms. T at Journey of a Substitue Teacher
Sharima at Love Bug Learning

You guys should head HERE to read the rules and spread the love, ohh, and to get your awesome blog button!

And I received this special award from Jessica over at Apples and Papers


The rules:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave it to you. (check)

2. Pass the award onto 15 other lovely bloggers. (yeesh, hows 1/3??)
Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher
Heather bc she is...find her at Heather's Heart
Kelley at Buggy for 2nd Grade
Haley at Following Optimism
Teri at A Cupcake for the Teacher

3. Follow the person who sent it to you. (Of course I do!)

Sometimes it feels good to break the rules...although I have hives in the process...not so good.

Lastly, if you followed this WHOLE post and stayed awake and with me here is the freebie!! I told you in the currently I needed ideas so this may not be a very good freebie but...I used it and maybe you can too!

I needed cute but simple word work tub labels. I cut these babies out and glued them onto index cards and laminated them.






String a word BTW is letter beads strung on fun colored pipe cleaners. If you need explanation for any other label please let me know.

Also, I will absolutely create these to fit your needs if you would let me know what you want your labels to say either in a comment or send me an email.

I hope you can use these. Grab them HERE. If anyone wants to share how to attach the link for the download with a picture that would be awesome.

Thanks for sticking with me even when I am MIA!


Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. I love all the blogs you mentioned! Congratulations on the awards! Enjoy your weekend!

    Lyndsey
    A Year of Many Firsts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you Stacy ((((hugs))).

    You can make a picture linkable by clicking it and then clicking the "link" button just like you did for the word "here" :)

    Hope that helps! If not...then I'll try helping again lol.

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I understand your busy-ness because I have been right there with you!! It's like it hit the fan all of a sudden and I had NO time for anything...not even for pinterest (gasp!) I am totally, thoroughly, and wholeheartedly enjoying this early spring even though I am a teeny bit sad there wasn't more snow, but can't complain..had one day of snow and we get out June 1. I have definitely missed our comments!! Will try to do better :) Thanks for the awesome award!!

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Miss T already explained how to do the link with the picture, but I wanted to add something just in case. When you add the picture in, it automatically creates a link. That link is actually what allows the picture to "pop out" with the black screen for larger viewing once it's been clicked on. I actually prefer to remove it all the time because I think it secures my pictures just a little bit more.

    So, like Miss T said, click link once to remove the popout link, then click it again to add the one you want.

    Tessa
    Tales From Outside the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award!! Your a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for linking up and love the FABULOSO... was that right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Farley...Yes....obvsiously NOT the spelling part but that is what I was going for! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blog! It is very appealing and you have great posts. You are very creative. I try my best to also think of ways to make learning interesting. I have making learning centers from water bottles for my students. Boy do they grab their attention.

    Literacy and Math Ideas
    http://www.literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the shout out!!!!!!!!!
    Do NOT feel guilty -- we have to live our lives!!!! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. HEY GIRL!!!! We miss you!!! BUT totally get it! You can't do everything, life gets VERY busy!! But thank you for coming to say hi!!!

    ♥ Jen
    The Teacher's Cauldron

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure know what you're talking about at the first of your post. It is so hard to balance everything. I'm always thinking I've got everything ready at school and then, whoops! Nope! But I just feel like I can't give any more time there. Hubby, family and even the house are important, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I just found your blog! I am now a follower! Come check out my blog and TpT store!

    http://williams2ndgradepigpen.blogspot.com/

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teresa-Williams-8

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a new follower too! I'd love to see how you hold the kids accoutnable for word work. I'm struggling with the accountablity piece in first right now. :)
    FanaticaboutFirst
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad someone said it!! I am REALLY struggling to keep up in blogland with moving overseas, wedding planning, newlywed, and more! when do people fit in the blogging?! Although I think it takes me TWICE the time to create documents and posts (I'm really slow with computer things).

    Anyway, I enjoyed this post alot-thanks for your honesty.

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sweet Stacy!

    I love you! You ROCK! You are a blessing to me, your kiddos, and everyone here in bloggy world!

    hugs,

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donde esta mi amiga???????

    I am missing you! =(

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog and LOVE it! I am also a second grade teacher, new blogger, wife, friend and daughter. I understand how they all don't also fit together well! I am your newest follower and can see why you got those awards.

    I was hoping you could check out my new blog.
    www.loveofteaching.blogspot.com

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tag you're it! Details at my blog :)

    Miss you my friend!

    http://journeyofasubstituteteacher.blogspot.com/2012/04/this-post-is-going-to-explode-in-321.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Stacy!
    I just tagged you!
    http://pirateslifeforus.blogspot.com/2012/04/tag-im-it.html
    Jenn
    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Stacy -- I found your blog on TBA and am now your newest follower. As a newbie to blogging, I'd love it if you would stop by and leave me a comment.
    Barb
    http://itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute blog and great ideas. I am one of your newest followers. Stop by and visit sometime.
    Sandra

    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by... See you in paradise!